Wednesday, September 5, 2007



Um, I know this isn't a proper blog entry, its not about me at all, but this is so fucking shocking I HAD to write about it.


Apparently back in January of last year, it was rumored that the Wachowski brothers (pictured above) - who wrote and directed "Bound" and are most famously known for the Matrix trilogy - were actually the directors of "V for Vendetta", but they chose to take their name off because at the time Larry Wachoswki was undergoing gender reassignment. And yes, you read that right. He was in the middle of a sex change operation, and they wanted to avoid the media as much as possible. And it wasn't the first weird thing Larry had ever done. He also famously divorced his wife to start a relationship with a dominatrix named Ilsa Stix. So, if you're keeping score, he's now a woman, but a lesbian woman.

.

Um...ok....so these are the "brothers" now....
.
I have no problem with this, in fact if you've been living your life inside of the wrong body and have the resources to make the change you need, by all means go ahead and do it, but did any of you have a clue? I've always thought of these two as action adventure manly men type guys, their next film is going to be a live action version of Speed Racer for god's sakes, they seem very "manly" based on their film choices. Oh well, that's all for now.

5 comments:

Seals said...

I couldn't agree more.

I worked with two men a few years ago who both had gender reassignment surgery. They wanted to live their lives together as women, not men.

When faced with it first-hand, it was very interesting to see my co-workers bring up this topic to see how others would react.

Most of the reactions were refreshing. It made this liberal very happy.

It was nice to see the shocked faces of those who brought it up with hushed tones. It was nice to see those people start backpeddling.

Pud said...

That has me shocked shitless. The movie V kicked ass that I would have never of dreamed a woman was behind it.

La Sirena said...

I think gender must be something outside of our basic comprehension or larger than our conventional understanding of it -- or something.

I've spent some time with transsexuals and that in and of itself has always been comfortable, but when I hear about someone going through gender reassignment surgery that always strikes me as very weird and almost unnatural. And then I wonder why I am so bitchily prejudiced against it, since if I know the person it doesn't really seem strange at all.

V For Vendetta rocked. Maybe its the Wachowskis' experiences that have supplied them with an ability to innovate and lend some depth and intensity to all of their characters. I mean, no one is saying "We've got company" in a Wachowski flick.

limpy99 said...

"Rolling Stone" had a lengthy article about that awhile ago. Larry seems a little off.

Molly said...

damn, that is some wild shit.

I, of course, couldn't agree more that if you want to change your parts and have the resources to do it you damn sure should.

But it's still a pretty shocking story...I had no idea.