Friday, June 29, 2007


I am going on vacation with my entire family of 5 plus the dog. We are driving 5 hours north, because in Michigan, if you drive north 5 hours, then you are on vacation (unless you are already in the upper peninsula when you start driving, then if you drive 5 hours north, you're in a different country).
.
We will be in the woods next to a lake. I normally hate woods. I like concrete and parking blocks and buildings that haven't been occupied in 22 years, not trees and clean blue water. The air doesn't smell when you're in the woods, at least it doesn't smell like it is supposed to. Also, we will be in a "cabin" next to my wife's best friend's family. They are British. All of my wife's friends are from different countries. She is so very international. I will be in the woods with my entire family and a British couple and their British kids and their British dog for a week.
.
I'm bringing my bike. My plan is I can unpack, then go for a bike ride at the end of day one, and then just bike back home. I should be arriving home by the end of the week just as my wife and kids are arriving home after a week's vacation. I won't be blogging for this week, so don't think I've vanished again, because I haven't, I'm just riding my bike back home from up north and that shit takes time.
.
This is going to be great.
.

8 comments:

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Hey dude - congrats on the birth of your daughter!

Enjoy your vacation - see ya!

Big Pissy said...

Ummmm....I'd say the vaca sounds like fun....but it really doesn't.

Sorry.

Oh, and be sure to wear a helmet when you're on the bike.

La Sirena said...

I like the whole woods and lake thing in Michigan. The trick is to keep a low level buzz going. You can afford to do that, because they give you guys a dime back for every bottle.

Remember, Jesus turned water into wine.

Liz said...

Yay!!!

I'm glad your back, as you can see I lost all motivation once you left the blogoshere. We came back at almost the same time. I'll hopefully be back in full blog swing once you're back from vacay.

Your daughter is beautiful. Is it just me or did that pregnancy go really fast?

Seals said...

I think I'd seriously consider riding a bike back home too.

I know people love that stuff, but it's just not me. Yuck.

Nobody said...

I think it's good for you! Though "woods" and "baby" do NOT go in the same sentence for Eve!

Do us a favor... take your camera!!

Bless the car dvd player. You DO have one, right?! ;)

Jesus Toast said...

Monk - Hey dude! Thank you!

Princess Pissy - I am with you. I have a helmet for my head.

La Sirena - Welcome to me!

Nonny - I believe half way between you and me is only 2 hours :)

Ajooja - I am a city boy. Bigfoot is gunna eat me I just know it.

Eve - I will bring my camera I swear. I DO have the DVD player...fear not.

JBoombostick said...

Are you going to poop in a hole then cover it like a cat?

Praise jesus.