Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I don't have much to report. My mom is still a mess, my relationship is back to the point where I am sleeping on the couch in the living room (which is fucking C O M F O R T A B L E ) and the roof of a building I own is leaking like a sieve onto the tenants. I went to this cool restaurant last night called the Roma Cafe in the Eastern Market section of Detroit. It is the oldest continually operating restaurant in Detroit. It apparently started as a boarding house in 1880, and the mother of the guy who owned it would make meals for the boarders. Her cooking was so good that they turned it into a cafe, and it has been one ever since. All of the waiters were 90 year old Italian men in tuxedos who just seemed generally annoyed that people wanted them to wait on them. It was cool. I'll let you all know when my marriage ends, my step-dad drinks himself to death and I get sued for multiple reasons from multiple people...oh yea, and I lose my job (there's a chance that might happen too! WHOOPIE!!!).

6 comments:

Molly said...

I hope you get the couch.

I might need to crash on it too...after the lashing I got from my boss this morning there's a good chance I'm on my way out myself.

I was hoping to come work for you!

Jesus Toast said...

I would actually be quitting, not getting fired...I may decide to choose to leave if certain things to pan out the way I want them to.

Email me your resume Molly!

Pud said...

When it rains, it pours....

Hang in there buddy! You still have to come visit me when I get back.

La Sirena said...

Please don't start dating Brittney.

Once you're on the wheel, you don't come off.

Ian St. John

Erin O'Brien said...

**toast**

La Sirena said...

(sigh) Where ARE you?