Wednesday, August 8, 2007


This is my new favorite thing. Don't get me wrong, my real favorite thing still is receiving blowjobs, but this show is more reliable (its on every Sunday night at 10:30 PM). Its on HBO and you should watch it this Sunday night.

There, I'm talking about something else other than the thing I had been talking about.

If you like music and great stuff, you'll love this. If you don't love it, then I don't understand you and you worry me.

I forgot to mention that I had to fire an employee last week, and even though it was a long time coming, it sucked. He was a young kid, like 24 years old, and he just couldn't focus. I had given him every chance in the world but he just couldn't do it. I am a ridiculously laid back boss, and will really try to work with anyone as long as they're making an effort. He's been with me for over a year, and at his last review when everyone else was getting a 6% raise because we've been doing so good, I gave him an insulting nickel raise and told him he needed to get his shit together or he'd be fired. He tried a for like a month and then promptly went back to his unfocused way.

When I let him go I gave him the phone number for a friend of mine who owns a machine shop and needed some janitorial help. Thats a pretty good firing; your boss who is firing you sets you up with another job....right? Anyway, my buddy hired the kid and the kid was 10 minutes late his very first day...he was 5 minutes late his second day, and I told my buddy he should let him go and forgo the impending pain this kid would bring, so he did. The stupid kid didn't even last 2-days.

In this shitty economy in the metro Detroit area you'd think people would be working hard to keep their jobs, but some people just don't care I guess.

3 comments:

Seals said...

I like that show, but for some reason watching each episode a second time is hilarious.

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

luv that business time vid

never seen the show - are there old episodes on dvd or is it a new show?

JBoombostick said...

When that kid runs out of money to buy pot he will be a better employee.